Last weekend J.P.'s Mom, Candy, hosted a baby "party" at our house. Instead of your typical baby shower, this was a co-ed shower and people were encouraged to bring a bag of diapers for a keg cup. We had a lot of people in our house because of course it started raining right when people started arriving. Several of our family members come down for it- my Mom and Andy, my Dad and Peggy, my Aunt Roxi and her kids Colby and Karly, and J.P.'s cousin Andy and his wife Cathy. Of course, many great friends were here too and it was so much fun! After a while, we moved the party into the garage (our dirt yard was way too muddy even after it stopped raining) and Martha and J.P.'s brother Dan and his cousin Andy brought out their guitars and started singing. It was great entertainment, good food, great company, and I don't think the last person left until 2:30 a.m.! I haven't stayed up past 10:00 for 7 months so it was very tiring for me and it took me a while to recover, but it was definitely worth it.
The first Wyoming Cowboy football game was today and work is definitely starting to get a lot busier for J.P.. There is a game every weekend this month and only one of them is an away game, so we are pretty much stuck in Laramie for the rest of the season. Although it can get a little boring, I have plenty to do to get ready for our Baby Girl to arrive as we are only 9 weeks away from our due date! It seems like forever...but I know it will go by very fast!
That's about all for now, but I hope you are all doing well and we love you!
How fun for you. I am glad you are doing well and it is almost time for her to get here. Take it easy and enjoy this time!
ReplyDeleteOooh only 9 more weeks! That is so exciting Henley! I hope your little girl is on time- Cameron was 4 days overdue... Good luck and let me know if you don't have anything that you need- I have a little gift for you but love to shop!
ReplyDelete