Saturday, October 24, 2009

~Baby News~


Our due date is still two weeks away from today, but we might be meeting our baby girl a little earlier than that! We went to the doctor on Thursday and I was still measuring a little small, so the doctor decided to do another ultrasound to make sure the baby is growing OK. They measured all of her main body parts and found that she is measuring a little small as well. This is nothing to worry about if all parts are measuring at the same rate, but her stomach was a little smaller compared to the rest of her body. The main concern with this is that the placenta may not be doing its job anymore in providing her with enough nutrients. Therefore, they believe because she is already term and fully developed, she would do better on the outside rather than the inside. We go back on Tuesday (J.P.'s birthday) so they can do more fetal monitoring through a Non Stress Test. Most likely they will schedule to induce later in the week...so we might have a baby in a week or less! It is so crazy to think how fast time has gone, although it seems to be dragging on forever. I was definitely expecting to go all the way to our due date, if not a little past. If there is one thing I have learned through this whole pregnancy, it is that you can't control mother nature and you never know what will come up. Although I am a little nervous about the possibility of being induced, I trust that the doctors know what's right for the baby. And I'm really trusting in God to guide them and us in any decisions we need to make (I mean, he already knows her birth date right down to the very second, so I really can't get too controlling :).

So that is what's going on with our little muffin as of now and I will definitely try to update on what happens at the doctor on Tuesday!

5 comments:

  1. Oh Henley, I am happy you are nearing the end. You will do great and I cannot wait to hear all about her. Enjoy it all, it truly is a miracle. Good luck and God Bless you and J.P and the new little Princess.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited for you guys! You are about to experience the most amazing gift ever. I can't wait to hear more! Love and miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am very happy for you Henley! I was induced so if you want to chat about that I'm available. Good luck and I can't wait to hear and see her!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohmylands! Have I ever told you that having a baby HURTS! :o) You'll do fine; if I made it through, so can you, because an eyelash in my eye tends to throw me into agonizing pain. Keep us posted. I can't wait to see her!

    ReplyDelete